Our COVID-19 Protocols
As you are aware, Dufferin Veterinary Hospital and High County Veterinary Hospital are being proactive in its approach to managing the COVID 19 Virus. While Dufferin Veterinary Hospital and High County Veterinary Hospital are taking precautions, we are currently operating and now taking all appointments. To remain focused on a proactive approach, Client Service team members will begin calling clients regarding their upcoming appointments. During this call, staff will screen our clients and patients based on the Public Health guidelines for safe visits to our Hospital. During this screening, if it is determined that a health risk exists with a client or patient the client will be directed to remain in their vehicle and call the hospital upon your arrival.
Our highest priority is the health and safety of our clients, patients, as well as our staff and those in our network including our suppliers and delivery partners. We have been in regular communication with all of our teams across our network around the following protocols that support everyone’s health and wellbeing:
- Reinforcing our already rigorous standards and operating procedures for sanitation, husbandry and personal hygiene.
- Continual sanitation of all high touch surfaces in our hospital including seats, countertops, door handles, pay pads after use, etc.
We are also monitoring our teams’ health very closely and have put support systems in place to help anyone who may become affected by the virus so their number one focus is getting better.
If you see our team wiping down payment terminals, food shelves, countertops and door handles, please know this is an effort to reduce any risk. As the situation evolves, you may see our hospitals implementing new measures to prevent the further spread of COVID-19. We will continue to do everything we can, in order to provide a safe and healthy environment for our clients and their pets.
Please remember that the most effective way to protect against respiratory viruses is good hand hygiene. Washing your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds (sing Happy Birthday to yourself twice) is the most effective prevention.
Protocol for Client/ Patient arriving with perceived risk of COVID 19 Virus
Dufferin Veterinary Hospital and High County Veterinary Hospital considers perceived risk as anyone who has traveled outside of the country in the past 14 days and/or is displaying flu-like symptoms or has self-disclosed they have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for the virus.
When it is confirmed that the patient will be coming to the hospital please notify the client service representative with an estimated time of arrival.
- Dufferin Veterinary Hospital 519-941-7690
- High County Veterinary Hospital 519-925-6540
Protocol for handling these situations
- Client will be directed to remain in their vehicle when they arrive at Dufferin Veterinary Hospital or High County Veterinary Hospital and call the number provided.
- Registered Technician will retrieve pet from client’s vehicle with appropriate PPE (gloves, lab coat, and facemask (N95)). If the client has come into the building, the registered tech will take the animal and send client back to vehicle.
- During this initial interaction please have the client complete the patient registration form and provide a cell phone number.
- All subsequent communication will be via cell phone if possible
- The medical team will assess patient using proper PPE protocols, which include gloves, lab coat and facemask (N95).
- The patient will be confined to an exam room or an isolation room until we assess the risk. All material used in the initial visit (e.g. clipboard etc.) will be left in the exam room or isolation rooms.
We want to remind everyone that at this time the risk of infection remains low and that the Dufferin Veterinary Hospital and High County Veterinary Hospital are monitoring the situation closely and will provide updates as they become available.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Your health, your pet’s health and our employee health are our utmost concern. Stay safe and healthy!
Welcome to the Dufferin Veterinary Hospital family!
We have two integrated locations situated to conveniently provide the health care you need for your pet. Please join us for exceptional, comprehensive and compassionate veterinary care – we look forward to meeting you!
Our team is here to assist you.